Monday, January 5, 2009

Beans and Rice

As part of a bid to eat more healthfully and less expensively, I would like to eat more beans and rice. I intend to use this blog to showcase at least 100 ways to eat beans and/or rice.

I have been "meaning to" start this blog for quite a while, but haven't because I wasn't a good enough photographer nor organized enough to keep it up the way I want, at the pace I want. I've decided that I'd do better to just start it, no matter how pitifully, than to not start at all!

Ideally, I would post step-by-step instructions including pictures, similarly to Kayotic Kitchen or the Pioneer Woman Cooks. Next best would be posting fully-tested recipes along with pictures of the final product, similarly to Chandellé at WholeFoodsWholeFamily. Most likely, I'll post recipes I've made a few times but still haven't perfected along with no picture, because I just can't get my computer, my camera, and myself on the same page long enough :-)

2 comments:

  1. Alisa posted about this blog, I'm always looking for more ways to do beans than just soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out www.beanbasics.blogspot.com

    Lots more than just soup

    ReplyDelete